Guerlain was founded in Paris in 1828 by the perfumer Pierre-François Pascal Guerlain. It was run by the Guerlain family until 1994, when it was bought by the French multinational company LVMMany traditional Guerlain fragrances are characterized by a common olfactory accord known as the "GuerlinadeH.
Thierry Wasser, the House's Perfumer, is now the fifth generation of Guerlain Perfumers. He travels the world looking for the most exclusive raw materials and composes the House's olfactory symphonies.
Some of the top recommendations from this fragrance house for men include:
L’instant De Guerlain Eau Extreme
L'instant De Guerlain Extreme was released in 2005. Created by Beatrice Piquet, this fragrance contains notes of Star Anise, Citruses & Patchouli. The whole fragrance has a warm spicy,Cacao scent. Perfumer Betrice Piquet was the one who put these notes to life through this perfume.
- Top Notes: Star Anise, Citruses, Elemi
- Middle Notes: Tea, Neroli , Jasmine
- Base Notes: Hibiscus, Cacao, Cedar , Patchouli, Sandalwood
- Classification: Woody Spicy
Vétiver, the fragrance of the earth, interprets the duality of nature: ardour and harmony, freshness and warmth.Vétiver recalls the exhalations of the earth in the pale dawn light. This evocation of the world's first morning is enriched with a woody accord and the refined elegance of spices and tobacco to give rise to a rare and sophisticated fragrance. Modern in its geometry and rigorous in its form, the bottle – iconic of the Guerlain men’s fragrance collection – and its luxurious wooden cap are timeless figures of French elegance
- Top Notes : Lemon, Tobacco, Bergamot, Neroli, Mandarin Orange, Coriander, Nutmeg
- Mid Notes : Vetiver, Sage, Orris Root, Pepper, Sandalwood, Carnation
- Base Notes : Myrrh, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Civet, Amber, Tonka Bean, Leather
- Classification : Woody Aromatic
Created in 1965, Habit Rouge was the first oriental fragrance for men in perfumery. From the moment of its launch, this tribute to Guerlain's passion for the dressage of horses created an element of surprise with its scents of sensual and bold vanilla. An oriental that is by turns citrusy, warm and accented with vanilla, it expresses the genius of contrast and well-mastered emotions.Habit Rouge incarnates a man who is enamoured of refinement and capable of all manner of audacity. He lives his life fervently and distinguishes himself with a trail of extreme sensuality. With its modern geometry and mastery of form, Habit Rouge has an eternally elegant French appeal.
- Top Notes : Lemon, Bergamot, Tangerine, Brazilian Redwood, Basil , Orange and Lime
- Mid Notes : Vetiver, Sage, Orris Root, Pepper, Sandalwood, Jasmine
- Base Notes : Benzoin, Vanilla, Oakmoss, Amber, Leather, Labdanum
- Classification : Woody Oriental
Herba Fresca Aqua Allegoria
Herba Fresca belongs to the Aqua Allegoria collection, the first collection of intensely fresh fragrances in perfumery created in 1999. On the strength of the Guerlain Perfumer’s expertise dating back to the legendary Eau de Cologne Impériale in 1853, the Guerlain Perfumer creates each of the Aqua Allegoria with the freshness of a Cologne and the hold of a Guerlain perfume. The guiding thread of the collection is bergamot, a precious citrus fruit, “Calabrian green gold”, the key ingredient in the Guerlinade. Herba Fresca is a spontaneous and natural essence combining freshness and refinement, In the morning. An invitation to walk barefoot in freshly cut grass, sparkling with dew.
- Top Notes : Clover, Lemon
- Mid Notes : Mint , Green Tea
- Base Notes : Lily of the Valley , Cyclamen
- Classification : Aromatic Green
Patchouli Ardent is an invitation to a sensorial voyage imagined by Thierry Wasser, a passionate Perfumer and explorer. Dried patchouli leaves radiate a heady, wooded, deeply faceted scent, synonymous with exoticism and extreme refinement. Patchouli is a noble ingredient whose sensual feminine and masculine plumes of fragrance have long billowed across borders, to conquer and enchant the world.
- Top Notes : Fig, Black Pepper, Pink pepper
- Mid Notes : Cedar , Turkish Rose and Patchouli
- Base Notes : Musk and Leather
- Classification : Woody Floral Musk