ISSEY MIYAKE PARFUMS launched its first fragrance, L'EAU D'ISSEY, in 1992. “L'eau” is French for “water”, and water itself was the inspiration for L'EAU D'ISSEY. ISSEY MIYAKE's view of water as a material was the starting point for the fragrance, which had a lasting impact on the perfume world. Developed jointly by MIYAKE DESIGN STUDIO and BEAUTE PRESTIGE INTERNATIONAL in France, these fragrances are produced by the same principles as ISSEY MIYAKE’s clothing design: constantly bring new fragrances that are fitting for contemporary life, based on the concept of pursuing one’s true nature.
Some of the top recommendations from this line for Men are :
L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Pour Homme is a clean, watery fragrance for the cool, modern man. The cologne, launched in 2004, is a summery, aromatic splash. Lime and mandarin orange sparkle as the openingTop Notes, infused with the herbal green scent of rosemary. This earthy note continues with lavender in the middle and then blends seamlessly into a complex mix of juniper berries, pink pepper, ginger, and cypress. Amber, patchouli, sandalwood,atlas cedar, and oak moss then evoke the freshness of a full, rich forest. Dive into a pool of refreshment when you wear this clear, rejuvenating cologne.
- Top Notes: Mandarine Orange,Lime,Rosemary,Orangewood.
- Heart Notes: Lavender,Ginger, Cypress, Juniper Berries, Pink Pepper.
- Base Notes: Oakmoss, Patchouli, Cedar, Sandalwood, Amber.
- Classification : Woody Aromatic
L’eau d’Issey Pour Homme
A tantalizing woody aquatic blend that soothes the nerves and journeys you through the essences of the earth with its tranquil notes. A burst of freshwater is what will linger on from the first spray, followed by spiciness supported by the citruses. A burst of onset summer in a bottle .
- Top Notes : Calone, Lemon, Bergamot, Sage, Lemon Verbena, Yuzu, Tarragon, Mandarin Orange, Cypress, Coriander
- Mid Notes : Blue Lotus, Lily-of-the-Valley, Saffron, Bourbon Geranium, Ceylon Cinnamon, Mignonette, Nutmeg
- Base Notes : Tobacco, Amber, Cedar, Sandalwood, Musk, Tahitian Vetiver
- Classification: Woody Aquatic
L'eau Bleue D'issey Eau Fraiche
The perfume is inspired by the elements, and the muse for this inspiration is water with its distinct scent and powerful movement. It has notes of mandarin orange, lemongrass, rosemary, star anise, May rose, ginger, palmarosa, patchouli, sandalwood and musk to give it an unmistakably masculine scent.
- Top Notes:Mint, Bergamot, Rosemary
- Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli
- Classification: Floral Musk Woody
Nuit d’Issey by Issey Miyake has been curated by Dominique Ropion and Loc Dong and was launched in 2014 . The perfume is built along the theme of night which is Nuit in French . It encompasses the the dark , mystical and esoteric elements of the night and churns it out into an enchanting equation for the mist . The top notes are rendered by the bubbling citruses , grapefruit and bergamot . The heart reveals a mingling between a selection of spices , vetiver , leather and black pepper . At the base we crown into lush and creamy flavours of ebony tree and an invigorating amalgamation of incense patchouli and tonka bean.
- Top Notes: Grapefruit , Bergamot
- Heart Notes: Spices , Vetiver , Woodsy notes , Black Pepper , Leather
- Base Notes: Ebony Tree , Incense , Tonka Bean , Patchouli
- Classification: Woody Oriental
Issey Miyake Leau Majeure
A harmonious marriage between woody and fresh accords. The fresh accords will reminisce you of the sea breeze whilst you are on a boat breathing the fresh air in. The grapefruit mingled withthese fresh note is a pure delight
- Top Notes :Mint, Grapefruit, Bergamot
- Mid Notes :Tea, Hedione, Sea Notes
- Base Notes: Coumarin, Amberwood, Cedar, Cashmeran, Woody Notes
- Classification : Woody Aquatic